Contact Webmaster

Please send questions or comments to
bob.thomas.wk@gmail.com
Thank you!

A Morris Crew Goes to the North Woods at Burnt Rock Camp, Beaver River, NY

Scroll down beyond the clipping and the map to get to the links to the newspaper pages.

Read all four columns written about this fall 1905 trip to the North Woods near Beaver River by a group from Morris, NY.

Perhaps 1907? The Norridewock Inn.

Bank building, Falls and Yates Store

Attached - Morris Chronicle in 1894 summary of the year of 1893, mentions founding of bank and dissolving of Falls and Yates store, so the photo is 1893 or earlier.

Description of the bank from National Register application.

High St, 25

Two-story, frontal-gable frame house with steeply pitched roof and regular fenestration plan. Glazed porch located
on east wall, flush with front facade, and open entrance porch with squared, battered supports on shingled kneewalls on asymmetrically placed main doorway; three-sided bay window on west wall. House has vinyl siding, vinyl replacement windows one over one sash in all openings; and a parged concrete foundation. These recent finished conceal or may replace historic ones.
Built ca.l880

Pages

Subscribe to Morris, New York RSS