Consider the building we now call the Morris Inn, as it appeared about 1865, when the village of Morris had not yet been incorporated and was referred to as Louisville. It had only two floors. All the buildings to the west of it were made of wood. On Sept. 8, 1883 one of the buildings caught fire and the whole row was swept away.
Ken Cooke thought this may have been taken about 1861.
Larry Linton occupied this house at 97 Main St, next to the Big M Midstate, for a time and then it was converted into apartments.
For a long time before Larry Linton had it the building served as a funeral home run by E. M. Sloan